What is a Variation Order?
A Variation Order is a request to alter the zoning by-law to deal with unusual or unique conditions of specific properties, a property owner cn apply to council for approval or variation.
Usually a variation order would provide specific "relief" from the zoning requirements governing:
- Site area width or coverage
- Building floor space
- Minimum yards
- Dwelling unit density
- Parking and loading requirements
How Do I Apply?
- Click HERE to fill out your application or visit the Municipal Office
- Pay Variance Order Fee of $300.00 to the Municipality
- Public notification will be sent out, with a hearing date
- Public hearing
- Council will deny or approve, or approve with conditions
- Councils decision is final, there are no appeals
The Municipality accepts payment via:
- Credit Card